What is Hand Scraped Hardwood Flooring?
What is Hand Scraped wood?
Hand scraped engineered wood flooring is becoming more popular by the day. Today, there are many different types of wood available, and hand scraped hardwood is one of the most popular.
So what is it?
Engineered wood is a composite man-made product that is made specifically for flooring purposes. Hand scraped engineered hardwood is typically made out of hard woods and soft woods, bamboos, sawmill woods, and other planks. These woods can be customized in their textures, specifications and designs.
You can engineer the following types of wood:
- Densified wood
- Oriented strand board
- Laminated timber
- Laminated veneer
- Beams, etc.
Beyond simply understanding the makeup of these wood types, you’ll also need to know the specifications that will determine the sustainability of those planks. While some forms of wood are extremely durable and can hold quite a bit of weight, others are more delicate. The strength of your hand scraped engineered hard wood flooring all depends on your preferences. That’s why it’s so important to discuss with professionals before making your final decision.
Why Choose Hand Scraped Engineered Wood?
Quality of material makes a huge difference; hand scraped engineered wood is known for its beauty, especially when properly installed by experts.
Here are some reasons to consider having hand scraped engineered wood installed in your home:
- It guards against damage typically caused by rot, insects, and even water. Hand scraped engineered wood comes in various looks and textures. Some examples are the waterproof core flooring and vinyl flooring with heightened water resistance.
- It will result in a smooth surface. Hand scraped engineered wooden floors are well processed, so they don’t just look good, they also carry a smooth surface and texture.
- It’s well polished and has a unique sheen to it, not to mention how elegant and appealing it looks.
- It comes in many different looks and can be customized however you like. Quality might just be one of the best features of hand scraped engineered wood. You can customize your flooring with hand scraped engineered wood flooring by having specific designs, notes, inscriptions, and more.
- Hand scraped engineered hardwood planks are available in various sizes, thickness and are quite durable. Size and thickness of individual planks also vary depending on your preferences.
- Hardwood is one of the most popular flooring options available. If you want a flooring option that provides your home with a modern appeal, you should consider hand scraped engineered hardwood for your space.
Floors BLVD can provide you with an estimate for your desired hand scraped engineered hardwood option. We’ll even complete the installation for you!