Beautiful Wood Flooring for Your Home or Office
Most homeowners tend to avoid having hardwood flooring installed in your home, almost always due to issues with their budget. Instead, they end up getting carpet and linoleum, the cheaper alternatives. However, the benefits of hardwood flooring far outweigh the initial cost. In the long run, you’ll end up saving more money and energy. Here are some benefits of hardwood flooring
- High quality wood flooring is durable and long-lasting. It can last for decades with low maintenance, and will take years before needing restoration. Linoleum needs regular replacement since it’s more vulnerable to damage caused by wear and tear. Carpets are prone to getting stained and worn down, thus they tend to need replacement every five years. At first, carpet and linoleum can seem like the better deal because they cost less, but eventually, the cost of repair and replacement will start to add up.
- Cleaning wood flooring is definitely much easier than cleaning carpet. sweeping or light vacuuming is enough to keep it in perfect condition. If you have active kids or pets, the most you’d have to do is lightly wipe down your wood flooring. Carpets, though, are a different story. They tend to make homeowners anxious in keeping it clean since maintenance and replacement can be expensive.
- When it comes to health, wood flooring is better than carpeting for our Allen home, especially if you have pets. Carpets are known to capture allergens and other organisms, like fleas and dust mites. Furthermore, they’re also huge traps for dust and various allergens. If you have family members who suffer from allergies, you should really consider switching from carpet to wood flooring. Not only will this save you money in the long run, it’ll also imporve the air quality of your home.
- Wood flooring is charming and makes your home much more welcoming. Carpets, on the other hand, tend to retain nasty odors from spills and ‘accidents’ by pets or small children. Obviously, this issues can be resolved by calling carpet cleaners, but this will ed up being costly in the long run.
- Wood is efficient in keeping your flooring warm.
- Like all materials, wood flooring will also get scratched and damaged in the long run. Even so, the restoration process it requires (sanding, sealing, and refinishing) is cheaper than replacing your carpeting.
- The natural beauty of wood flooring never goes out of style. Linoleum and carpet patterns lose popularity over the years, but wood possesses a timeless appeal. It also adds a warm and cozy feeling to your home.
Moreover, if you want to sell your home sometime in the future, wood flooring in Allen
will increase your home’s resale value. If you’re interested in wood flooring, call Floors BLVD